PeopleSoft is a self-service human resource information system. It is an online program accessible to all GNWT managers and employees. Once logged in, a member can perform a number of human resources related functions such as pay and timesheet schedules among others.
First Time Login
To log in for the first time, you need a user ID, which is usually your first name and last name. You also need to have an Employee ID that you can get by contacting the HR Helpdesk. The PeopleSoft login interface is simple. Here are the credentials you are supposed to fill.
User ID: first name. last name
Password: employee ID + the first three digits of your social security number (SIN).
Your employee ID is made of six digits. When you combine with the three first digits of you SIN, you should have nine numbers as your password. Since this is a general password, you need to change it to a secret code that is only known to you. The process should not be hard since you are prompted to change the password as soon as you log in for the first time.
How to Change your Password
Whether you want to update your old password or have forgotten and want to create a new one, you should go to the following icons.
Go to the Main Menu and then select My System Profile, which will display the Change or Forgotten Password Help. Clicking on the function will have a password reset link, or your password emailed to you on the email address listed on your general profile. This is also the same email that you will be receiving notifications related to PeopleSoft. To avoid missing any notifications, confirm that you have provided the right email address.
Uses of the PeopleSoft by Employees
As an employee, you have the right to access your PeopleSoft account any time you want. You can also access your account even when you are out of office environment and perform any of the following functions.
• Change your bank information or direct deposit details
• Confirm the accuracy of your personal information
• Update your personal information including address and email as you see right
• To review you pay check and leave balances.
Benefits of Using PeopleSoft System
As an employer, PeopleSoft gives you the ability to build a strong, comprehensive and manageable employee benefit system that is tailored depending on the type of company you are running. The system benefits the employees in that user experience is enhanced through the self-service. Some of the benefits of PeopleSoft are as follows.
• Ability to trigger events automatically by processing past events
• Define beneficiaries, rates, and providers and additionally, you easily calculate coverage and premiums for all employees who have multiple jobs.
• You are able to track Medicare enrollments and entitlements.
• You can automatically enroll participants and their dependents on various benefit options.
• Use frequently asked information to come up with your own tailor made adhoc report meeting agency specific information
• Understand the impact of your policies and programs by analyzing workforce trends.